- Business Tax Certificates
- Business Startup Guide
Business Startup Guide
Whether you're starting a new business venture or are relocating an existing one, we're glad you've chosen Peachtree Corners for your business' new home. This guide is intended to help you through the process of moving into your new space and acquiring a business license. Please review the information below so that your business start-up will be as quick and easy as possible. Best wishes for your success!
Learn more by viewing our Business Licensing Procedure Guide (PDF).
- 2023 Rate Schedule (XLSX) - comprehensive list of North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes, titles, and rates for 2023
- Business License Application - application for all new businesses, including home based businesses, to obtain an occupational tax certificate (business license)
- Home Based Business Declaration (PDF) - form to be submitted along with the Business License Application Form if the business will be home-based
- Home based businesses use the same application as other businesses but also include the Home Based Business Declaration
- 2023 Renewal for Business License - to obtain a blank 2023 occupational tax renewal application, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is the site appropriately zoned for proposed business? Has the site/building been used for this type of business in the past?
If no, contact Community Development Department at 678-691-1200 or Zoning Administrator at 678-691-1205.
- Has the building, suite, space or site been inspected and does it have a Certificate of Occupancy?
If no, Visit the Gwinnett County ZIP Portal to schedule a fire inspection with (and pay) Gwinnett County to obtain a county fire Certificate of Occupancy. You will need to submit this with your completed Business License Application.
- Does the proposed business prepare or serve food, or cater?
If yes, Contact Gwinnett County Health Department at 770-963-5132. For grease traps, contact Gwinnett County Water and Sewer Division at 678-518-6240. If an Alcohol Beverage License is needed call 678-691-1208.
- Do you need a sign and/or grand opening banner permit?
If yes, Contact the Zoning Administrator for sign/banner permits at 678-691-1205.
- Has the business license application been completed?
If no, obtain and complete a Business License Application Available Online or at City Hall, 310 Technology Parkway.
- I think I have everything. What should I do?
Submit completed form with copy of Gwinnett County Fire Certificate of Occupancy, copy of lease, notarized affidavits, and picture identification to the Business License Officer who can be reached at 678-691-1208.
Alcohol Beverage License
Gwinnett Fire Department Plan Review/Inspections
Online ZIP Portal
Gwinnett County Chamber of Commerce
Gwinnett Chamber Website
Gwinnett Economic Development Partnership
Partnership Gwinnett Website
Gwinnett County Health Department
Gwinnett County Water/Sewer
Small Business Administration
Small Business Administration Website